Befriender with an interest in sport
We are currently recruiting for a befriender with an interest in sport for our Maples service.
When convenient for both residents and volunteers, but ideally a few hours a month
- The volunteer will be matched with individual residents to meet them at the service or in the community.
- Volunteers may have specific skills or interests which they wish to share with the group
- Befrienders can help prevent isolation and encourage tenants to pursue new interests and hobbies.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and friendly
- Reliable and punctual
- Prior experience working with disabled people desirable
Requirements of Role
Full induction training including;
- Information on Leonard Cheshire
- Leonard Cheshire’s policies and procedures, including boundaries
- Disability Confidence
- Moving & Handling
Supervision and support
- All new volunteers will be introduced to relevant paid staff and other volunteers they may come into contact with.
- Regular group review and support meetings will be arranged on a six-monthly basis. Additional one-to-one support meetings can also be arranged if required.
- Application form
- 2 References
- Informal interview
- Enhanced DBS check