We are currently recruiting for a volunteer gardener for our Meadows service.
Ideally a regular commitment such as 1-2 hours a week, but as much as the Volunteer is able to commit.
Specific tasks and duties
- Supporting adults with physical disabilities to take part in group/ 1-1 activities
- General garden duties - sweeping fallen leaves, clearing weeds etc.
- Be familiar with the risk assessment for the role.
- Attend regular review and support meetings every 6 months.
- Positive attitude to working with disabled people
- Good interpersonal skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Open to learning new skills
- Willingness to attend training
- Committed to working within our aims, values, policies and procedures
Training and support
Full induction training including;
- Information on Leonard Cheshire
- Leonard Cheshire’s policies and procedures, including boundaries
- Disability rights & Communication
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults (SOVA)
Supervision and support
- All new volunteers will be introduced to relevant paid staff and other volunteers they may come into contact with.
- Regular group review and support meetings will be arranged on a six-monthly basis. Additional one-to-one support meetings can also be arranged if required.
- Application form, two references, informal interview
- Enhanced Access NI Check