International consultants and suppliers
We're regularly looking for consultancies roles in our regional offices.
Report on safeguarding and consent in sexual reproductive health (SRH) as part of our WISH project
Leonard Cheshire is a partner in the Women’s Integrated Sexual Health (WISH) Consortium – Lot 1, and our role is to provide technical assistance and leadership to the consortium to develop disability inclusive sexual and reproductive health services.
We are looking for a talented consultant to conduct a review of practice and available resources, related to safeguarding and consent in SRH when supporting persons with disabilities. These resources might include, but are not limited to, guidelines and training materials, practice frameworks, reporting and data sources produced across the UK and internationally.
Other sources related to accessible materials, approaches and information to ensure persons with various disabilities have access to safeguarding procedures, understanding and providing consent and SGBV reporting and support mechanisms will need to be identified too. Particular focus will be given to resources relevant to people with intellectual and sensory disabilities.
- Deliverable 1: Provide a review and analysis of resources and guidance frameworks produced in higher income countries (such as the United Kingdom) and compare them to those which are readily available in a lower resource countries such as, but not limited to, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Sierra Leone. Resources will include legislation, policies, guidelines and other available resources.
- Deliverable 2: Conduct a review and analysis of practices and processes for ensuring safeguarding for persons with disabilities when accessing SRH services, comparative of high and low resource settings.
- Deliverable 3: Identify transferable practices and resources, with recommendations on additional tools, information and resources required to fill gaps identified in low resource settings.
- Deliverable 4: Deliver a comprehensive report outlining all findings from deliverables 1-3 (15 – 20 pages)
- Deliverable 5: Using the analysis of information gathered, and recommendations for practice and information gaps identified in deliverables 1 -3, work with Leonard Cheshire’s other WISH Consultant (this person has yet to be appointed) on developing and feeding into a safeguarding and consent e-learning module (module 4) which will form part of a digital disability inclusion academy that Leonard Cheshire is establishing. This particular module will train service providing staff on how to identify safeguarding concerns and what can be done to safeguard women with disabilities accessing their services. The specific target audience for this e-learning module will be chosen in consultation with Consortium partners.
The consultant that meets the above requirements and is available within the time period indicated above should submit an expression of interest along with:
- Your updated CV
- Your experience of delivering work similar to this scope or focus
- Contact details of 3 references
- Daily rate for the consultancy in GBP. Please clarify whether VAT will be additional
- A copy of a Non-Criminal Record issued in their countries (e.g. DBS check in the UK)
Please respond with your expression of interest to Amalie Quevedo at Amalie.email@example.com by 11:59pm (GMT) on 15 July 2022.
Contract: Contractual obligations will be defined through a standard consultancy agreement, outlining deliverables, timelines, payments, and stating that the intellectual property will belong to Leonard Cheshire. If you have any queries, please contact Amalie Quevedo using the address above.
Our international department are always looking for experienced consultants to join our roster to add extra capacity to our staff.
We're looking for consultants with any of the following skills:
- inclusive education
- economic inclusion
- assistive technology
- innovation and technology
- inclusive policies and advocacy
- proposal writing
- project management and grant management
If you are interested to join our consultants’ roster for short/medium term assignments please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.