Stelios award: How do I apply?
Applications are now open — you have until 1 October!
If you need a different format, need help applying, or have any access needs please call our Stelios Award team on 07738 329 515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note due to high volumes of calls if you miss your planned appointment we unfortunately can't guarantee you another slot.
Put your best foot forward
Don't forget the aim of your application is to show how great your business idea is — or could be!
Show our judges and Sir Stelios you have:
- A great idea that either supports/hires or is created by a disabled person (see criteria below)
- A business idea that is starting out or up and running. If it’s a start-up, show us the pathway make it happen. If its up and running – show off – show us what you have done and where you want to go.
- Above all, we want to see you have a real marketing presence, or will have one.
What’s the judging Criteria?
- You must be a disabled entrepreneur must own at least 50% of the company. Exceptions are occasionally made, subject to Sir Stelios’s decision. We use the Equality Act 2010 definition of disability.
- The award is open to companies whose owners are over the age of 18, operating and registered in the UK only
- The award is open to registered and not-yet-registered companies, charities and social enterprises registered the UK.
- The applicant must have, or plans to have an active online presence
- The company must not be more than seven years old
- Candidates must declare any previous applications, or any negative press coverage by themselves or their company if short-listed.
- Past winners and/or applicants are welcome to re-apply. Many winners have applied, and won, before.
Please note: We strictly vet your application before your application is accepted, but if you have any queries, please contact the Stelios/Leonard Cheshire team for what this involves.