Stelios award: How do I apply?
Applications are now closed. Finalists will be announced by the end of October.
If you have any questions or queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Put your best foot forward
Don't forget the aim of your application is to show how great your business idea is — or could be!
Show our judges and Sir Stelios you have:
- A great idea that either supports/hires or is created by a disabled person (see criteria below)
- A business idea that is starting out or up and running. If it’s a start-up, show us the pathway make it happen. If its up and running – show off – show us what you have done and where you want to go.
- Above all, we want to see you have a real marketing presence, or will have one.
What’s the judging Criteria?
- You must be a disabled entrepreneur must own at least 50% of the company. Exceptions are occasionally made, subject to Sir Stelios’s decision. We use the Equality Act 2010 definition of disability.
- The award is open to companies whose owners are over the age of 18, operating and registered in the UK only
- The award is open to registered and not-yet-registered companies, charities and social enterprises registered the UK.
- The applicant must have, or plans to have an active online presence
- The company must not be more than seven years old
- Candidates must declare any previous applications, or any negative press coverage by themselves or their company if short-listed.
- Past winners and/or applicants are welcome to re-apply. Many winners have applied, and won, before.
Please note: We strictly vet your application before your application is accepted, but if you have any queries, please contact the Stelios/Leonard Cheshire team for what this involves.