Employment support in London
We have programmes that aim to improve the employability of disabled Londoners.
Work and Health Programme
The Work and Health Programme is an employment support programme, funded by the National Lottery Community Fund and the European Social Fund, that supports people with a long term health conditions or disabilities to find and stay in appropriate work for them. It's designed to break down barriers faced by disabled people when looking for work.
What support you'll receive
- Support people with counselling or other health needs
- Access to a wide range of courses and services such as learning English, learning different skills etc.
- Provide equipment to help you into work, we can pay for it e.g. laptops, phones, shoes, whatever you need, we can look into it
- 1-1 support for your job search
- Contact employers on your behalf to negotiate any reasonable adjustments that may need to be put in place to help gain employment.
Work and Health is a 15 month programme, so you will receive a great deal of support during this period and an extra 6 months of support when you get a job. During this 6 month work period we will support people to stay in work e.g. travelcards to get to work, pay for uniforms, boots, tools etc.
- anyone with a long-term health condition or disability,
- over 18 years old
- living in the London Borough of Lambeth
- actively looking for work